The requirements to release songs to Apple Music are quite strict, so pay extra attention to this article if you want to increase your chances of getting released there. And make sure you follow all the below requirements before submitting your track for release.
There are three important parts to consider for Apple Music releases:
Having a proper artist name
- Always use a simple and unique artist name!
- Do not imitate famous artists or use generic terms such as “workout” or “relax”.
- Avoid special characters in your artist name, such as @, &, $, %, + etc.
- Avoid using any numbers, country codes etc.
- Never use all caps, each word should begin with a capital letter such as “Awesome Kiwi”.
Using the correct format for the song title
- Only use the exact title. No more, no less. Your artist name cannot be in the song title!
- Avoid abbreviations such as Dj, Feat., Rex, Vs., etc.
- Avoid special characters in your song title, such as @, &, $, %, + etc.
- Avoid using any form of numbers, country codes etc.
- Never use all caps, each word should begin with a capital letter such as “Beautiful Spaceship”.
Making a high quality cover art
- Always include your artist name and song title on the cover art once. No more, no less!
- The spelling needs to match your Starmony artist name and the song title you submitted.
- Never include the following: Copyrighted material, trademarks, logos, barcodes and similar.
- Using a unique image instead of just text increase the chance of being released to Apple Music.
Good luck and hope to see some great releases from you!